My Life Storeys and Life Stories

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Who Will Get Promoted First?

The Sad Truth

In the country where I work, its quite easy to guess the types of employee who will get promote first. I have seen it so much, that frankly I am quite sick of it. However, I refuse to stoop to those levels to get a promotion because its just too much against my principles.

Here are the top 5 categories:

1. The Flatterer
- They have sweet mouths and always says the things the bosses love to hear.
- They flatter bosses whenever they have the chance, sometimes demeaning others while doing so.
- They have no loyalties, and will suck up to any bosses they deemed most possible to give them that raise.
- They excel at pushing away responsibilities and claiming credit.

2. The Backstabber
- They are vicious employees who demeans his colleagues in front of the boss to advance himself.
- There is nothing bad they will not say about his colleagues.
- Usually they are 2 headed snakes who will pit his fellow colleagues against each other.
- They like to pretend to be your best friend so that they can gain your support.
- They spend more time politicking than working.

3. The Government Scholar
- Most of them are average workers, a small number lousy workers and a small minority top-class performers.
- They will be promoted as long as they do not make any glaring mistakes.
- They will always been given opportunities above the non-scholars to shine.
- They usually lack emotional intelligence, and only excel academically.

4. The Raft
- These people have no personal opinions, and just go with the flow.
- They have no loyalties and will always side the stronger side.
- They are lousy liars and shallow in characters.
- They are good at acting busy.

5. The People Person
- They get along with everybody.
- They garner support of people by doing personal things for them.
- They are usually lousy workers who bluff their way through.


Myself?

I like to call myself a performer. Everything cake to me, and deadlines are nothing more than minor bothers. I am very task focused and terribly dissonant to the above 5 categories of people because of my strong principles. Sadly, I would rank a performer 6th in the list of categories with the highest promotion probability.

Thus, here I am, writing a blog, because I have finished all my work before others who tend to have lesser work to do than me ....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If sticking to your principles is more important than being promoted, then that's the path you have chosen in life, so you should be content with your choice. :P

If you don't like, you can make another choice. :)

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...

You are a manager at 29, veli good already

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Morte said...

Lol, theres really nothing in a title.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 3:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home