My Life Storeys and Life Stories

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The God Sent



Babies look the most adorable when they are really small and helpless. I probably look the same when I was little. This is my little god-daughter when she was like 1 month old. Her name is Mabel.

The oddest thing about Mabel is the day she was born. My wife was born on 21st October 1978, at about noon time. Her chinese horoscope is a horse. A horse in the afternoon is a restless spirit, and my wife is absolutely restless. Mabel came to this world on 21st October 2002, an hour or so before noon, not because she was due then, but because her mum could not endure for an hour more.

It was then sheer coincidence that a fortune-teller told Mabel's parents that she would need a god-father born in the year of the Rabbit, and a god-mother born in the year of the Snake. And again, by sheer fate, I was probably the only guy among Mabel's parents born a "Rabbit". Being a god-father is not easy - I have to go through some rituals like offering incense. Mabel was a cry-baby when she was little. We waited an hour for her to stop crying so that we could go through the rituals, but she refused to stop crying, well, like a true blue baby! In the end, we just ignored her cries and began the rituals. The weird thing was that she stopped crying the moment we started. Maybe she was just impatient waiting for the whole thing to start so that she can get her new god-father, hehe.

So there she is, pretty as a doll, naughty as my wife and wild as a stallion (or should I say mare, haha), my adorable god-daughter, Mabel!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arizona GOP Places Hopes on Untested Challengers
Got a scoop? Email your tips and suggestions to the editor. Premium Blog Ad Blog Ads Classifieds Amazon About The Site Taegan D. Goddard is the creator of Political Wire, a political column updated around the ...
Great blog site!! Bookmarked it for future reference.

I have a live poker
site/blog. It pretty much covers live poker related stuff.

Come see mine if you get time.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:30:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home