My Life Storeys and Life Stories

Monday, September 05, 2005

K 歌之王

Whining and Ranting

I am a whiner, and I rant like a lunatic. It was 2nd September 2005 (Friday), the start of an endearing weekend of fun and laughter. Work ended at 5:30pm that day. The moment I stepped out of office, I made my way home, dressed in an absolutely gorgeous partying outfit. I took them off when I reached home, and threw them into the washing machine. Great start to a weekend!


Jolin Wannabe

"Try, you shall not. Do, you must!", Master Yoda advised the young Suvena Uzumaki. I was supposed to join my friends at PartyWorld for a fun-filled Karaoke session on Saturday. My wife, having had her concert the weekend before at a similar Karaoke session, is determined to introduce newer and more repertoires to her selection of hits. After an ordinary dinner of fish soup, fried oyster and fried kuay teow, I logged onto the deadly (i.e. most deaths) Morte and started fulfilling the orders for weapons and shields I received in game. Madam Uzumaki logged off her EverQuest 2 instantly, and began downloading MP3s and lyrics in preparation for Saturday. Finally satisfied with the number of songs, she began learning the songs. I appreciate her efforts, really, but she wanted my opinions, she wanted to know if she is doing her stuff right. Errr .... I taught her how to record with the microphone attached to her computer instead.

"I asked for a chair, but he gave me a table" - Rafael Benitez's famous quote at Valencia FC. I thought I made a brilliant move when I got her to measure her own singing. However, she ended up laughing the whole night, listening to her own singing, and asking me for my ratings. Being a strict and honest guy, I never rated her below 7. Seven, thats the number of Sins in that Brad Pitt movie. Seven, thats the minimum number of times Suvena repeatedly sang each song. Seven, thats also the number of days in a week...

I slept at around 1am that night. Suvena told me she turned in at close to 4am the next morning.


The Next Mourning

I woke her up at 8:45am on Saturday morning. Apparently, she had asked Hevun to wake her up at 8:45am, but only Hevun knows why she did not answer her mobile when he called. Hevun called me instead to give her a kick in the butt, but how could I bear to when I heard her voice. "I think I lost my voice ...", mourns a distraught Suvena. To note: its miraculous how quickly she jumped out of bed when I told her its 9am already; while it always takes me tons of patience and persistence to wake her up on a normal work day.

Time flew, and it was 5:30pm. We were supposed to meet up with the ex-Sanctuary gang at some food outlet at the newly renovated Marina Square. The place was easy to find - the taxi driver unknowingly dropped us right in front of the joint. Half of the gang were hiding in some dark corner, and we managed to spot them after5 minutes of navigating the massive crowds of Singaporeans queueing up at the soft drinks vending machine (apparently it was free flow of drinks). Now, we are just waiting for the other half of the gang, while my tummy is already growling.

Tummies are actually very good clocks. If I am feeling hungry while the day is bright, its lunch time; if I feel starved when its beginning to turn dark, its dinner time; if I feel hungry when its very dark, its probably passed bedtime; and if my tummy aches in the morning while at work, its usually 11am in the morning.

It turned out we had too many people to fit into the meagre 6 seats we have. The one guy in pink, occupying another 6 seats behind us, tapped me on the shoulder and told me not to bother waiting for him as he would be here for a long long time. We vacated out seats and empty tables and proceeded to look for alternatives. Ultimately, we decided on Han's Restaurant at some Great Eastern Building near Chinatown.


The Great Communicator

There were 8 of us, and we probably could not fit into 1 car. Silvermist called Hevun, who happened to be in the vicinity, to wait for 2 people to appear at the bus-stop outside the Esplanade and to bring these 2 people to Han's. Being the ones with more active life-styles, Suvena and I took a stroll to the Esplanade bus-stop. We found buses and buses there. Hevun knows where Hevun is. Suvena rang him up and found that he had grabbed 2 people (Kerrendor and Minou) and was already on his way to Han's. Kerrendor and Minou were supposed to be meeting us too, but they got wind of the location change from Silvermist while they were near the Esplanade so they made their way to Hevun's car directly. Anyway, Hevun decided to turn back and picked us up. We finally hopped in after Bus number 77!

Han's at Great Eastern building was a huge place. Food was pretty decent. After the hearty meal and lots of bantering, the ex-Sanctuary gang made our way to Chinatown on foot. We needed lanterns for the Lantern Festival. It was dejavu, as we recalled our childhood days of burning paper lanterns.

Shopping done, we walked towards Han's at Great Eastern building, past it and into PartyWorld Karaoke. If a picture says a thousand words, 2 pictures say 2 thousand words, and 10 pictures say 10 thousand words! Check out the event at studygroup.sheylara.com


豆浆离不开油条

Suvena was starved. She lost her voice and lost her concert. It was a night for the guys: Kerrendor, Khalrik, Dagonnex and Silvermist. The best way to make up for the emotional depravation was food! While Hevun wanted pool, the starved-crazed woman convinced him to make a trip to Geylang Lorong 8. With the exception of Kerrendor and Minou who were too exhausted to continue, the rest of the gang ended up at the King of 油条 for an early breakfast (3am). The King of 油条 was about 10 inches, and they come in pairs. Davienne was excited over it, but she pulled a long face when she realised that 豆浆 is different from 豆花. Despite her smaller than small frame (she thought she was as tall as Suvena and Elyxia), she lapped up the entire bowl of 豆花 and 2.5 油条.

Davienne is 1.62m, while Suvena and Elyxia are around 1.68m. They stood in front of the Sex Toy Shop at Geylang after eating many 油条. Height differences are quite distinguished when window shopping. Passer-bys looked on as they groped at the collections. Even though the shop was already closed, we had a hard time convincing them to go home. Its almost 4am, and we had to wake up at 6am ...


DragonBall

The ex-Sanctuary gang had to be on the ball if we want the Dragon Darathar dead. Dragons Aura had scheduled a raid on the overweight creature at 6pm. Converted, that meant 6am Singapore time. I pigged into bed and was rudely awoken by Suvena at 6am. The way to wake up a beauty is by kissing his/her lips, not the way she had done it. I broke the curse nonetheless and continued my sleep at the keyboards.

This raid was supposed to be a short 1 hour affair, but it was weird as it dragged until 1pm Sunday afternoon. I ended the raid naked, with just my golden boots and cotton gloves. It was mythical how Suvena did that to me while I was asleep on the keyboard ...


Man

You would have thought that I could now sleep until work the next day. We slept, but woke up at 4pm. My dad's birthday was just a couple of days ago, and he is treating us to dinner at Boon Lay Raja Restaurant at 6:30pm. Time was lacking as we had to grab him a present, buy carrot cake for Suvena to eat, then rush down to Jurong East for food. Buying a present for dad is never easy - it has to be symbolic, it has to mean something. We bought Hugo Boss Man for him - it symbolises a man, and it means that he is "man".

Dinner was pretty good. Suvena and I had to grab some groceries before going home. My parents and my brother went to the CD shop to get Wei Lian's CD Single, but it was sold out in Singapore. I am just glad he won - the judges were obviously very biased, and that Jun Yang guy was way too arrogant to be deserving of any awards. I had always thought the Project Superstar was some crap singing competition until one day, during the preliminaries, I heard a beautiful voice singing 远走高飞. I jumped out of my slumber and rushed to the television. It was Wei Lian singing. Ever since, I was hooked on the show - its just weird.


No Lootz No Raidz

I went home, half expecting to jump into bed immediately. Alas, I had to raid again. I waited 1 hour before the whole thing got going. From 9pm to 1am, we raided Cazic Thule with Dragons Aura. A Warlock Master 1 spell, Aura of Emptiness dropped. I immediately made some noises in the chat channel that I wanted to be in contention for it. When I logged off to sleep at 1am, lootz was not distributed until 1:30am when I was not around to submit a bid. I thought it would be circulated in Guild Chat for a couple of days for potential "bidders", but it was not to be. Anyway, it was awarded to someone else on my very first, my virgin bid! This is so disappointing!!

The folks must have thought that this aggro grabbing bastard should not have any more Master spells to build up even higher aggro. They missed the fact that Warlocks have the highest damage capacity at this point in time, and I happened to be in possession of many Masters and Adept IIIs, which the other Warlocks do not have. When I have casted these spells, it will result in the other Warlocks' spells not being able to take effect at all (i.e. no damage) because a lower version of the spell cannot override the higher version. Effectively, it becomes me doing the bulk of the damage. Anyway, I have switched to casting the Tier 1 and Tier 2 nukes during raids. It saves me gold pieces from repairing after death.

Its time to be a Lootz Hungry Bastard, and only attend raids when I grow up from a Whelp to becoming a Draconnus ... then maybe I will have a chance at the Phatz Lootz .... Morte the Lootz Whorez .... muahahahha!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home